The Hospitality Workers Training Centre’s mission has always been to support a strong hospitality industry with quality training programs that prepare individuals for entry-level jobs in the hospitality industry. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hospitality Workers Training Centre has also committed to supporting displaced, experienced hospitality workers looking to pivot to new, in-demand jobs and careers that utilize skills they already have, or help them develop skills they need to reposition professionally.
About the Role
The Training Manager provides strategic leadership and vision to the design, development and delivery of HWTC’s high quality in person and virtual synchronous and asynchronous training programs.
Your understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design will result in the development of programming that will rapidly prepare of entry level job seekers, displaced experienced workers and incumbent hospitality workers with in-demand skills that are relevant and responsive to labour-market needs.
You believe in evidence based programming and will seek out information and data from HWTC’s Industry Engagement specialists to inform the development of training programs that are relevant and responsive to certifications and skill attainments in demand by employers and relevant to employment opportunities both within hospitality and in other industries.
Your style of leadership provides your team of instructors and coaches with direction and structure while fostering a learning atmosphere that supports creativity and responsiveness in the development and delivery of modules.
- Working collaboratively with the Manager of E-Learning and Virtual Experience to manage HWTC’s training curriculum and course delivery framework.
- Managing, maintaining and improving instructional tools and resources, learner assessments, and curriculum validation and renewal processes for both in-person, virtual synchronous and virtual asynchronous learning
- Implementing evaluation systems and processes to track and manage quality assurance of courses, instructors and programs.
- Managing the Training Team including, assigning and scheduling tasks and projects, and managing annual work plans and assessment processes.
- Developing course calendars and training schedules in-line with program budget and annual training targets.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Certificate in Adult Education, Education Degree or commensurate experience.
- 5+ year experience in facilitation
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Experience using Learning Management Systems (Experience with SAP Litmos an asset.
- Excellent communications and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding of systemic issues that affect the experience and needs of learners/job seekers, including individuals with: English as a Second Language, experience in the refugee and immigration system, experiences of poverty, trauma, disabilities and mental health experiences;
- Knowledge of community services and organizations is a strong asset;
This is a full-time, one-year position until March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension. The salary range is between $68,000 – $72,000. We have a 100% employer funded health and wellness plan and generous leave entitlements. Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter outlining interest, qualifications and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a letter outlining interest will not be reviewed. Please note you will be required to complete a skill-based assignment to be prepared in advance and presented at the interview should be you selected for an interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only candidates who are being considered will be contacted. When the position has been filled the posting will be removed.