The Hospitality Workers Training Centre’s mission has always been to support a strong hospitality industry with quality training programs that prepare individuals for entry-level jobs in the hospitality industry. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hospitality Workers Training Centre has also committed to supporting displaced, experienced hospitality workers looking to pivot to new, in-demand jobs and careers that utilize skills they already have, or help them develop skills they need to reposition professionally.
About the Role
A natural presenter, you’re the type of person who can’t keep a good thing to themselves. You know how to sell an idea, big or small, and you can swiftly bring people on board. You can read a room, connect with strangers quickly, and are comfortable speaking in front of groups from 5 to 50, virtually or in person. Warm and engaging, your enthusiasm is irresistible and you can tailor your pitch to impact any audience. You understand the importance of being that first point of contact and you take pride in making a positive first impression in a group or one-on-one.
For many, you will be the face of HWTC. Working alongside the Marketing and Outreach Manager, you will develop networks within the hospitality industry in order to reach displaced and incumbent workers and recruit them for our programs, while also working with hospitality employers to promote the value of HWTC’s training programs in upskilling their workforces. You will also work closely with community groups and social services agencies to reach youth and vulnerable populations
- Working with the Marketing and Outreach Manager to develop an outreach strategy that supports engagement efforts designed to raise awareness of and enrollment in HWTC’s training programs;
- Working with the Marketing and Outreach Manager to develop an outreach strategy that supports HWTC’s engagement efforts with community partners, social services agencies, and funders;
- Identifying and developing plans and tactics to effectively promote and market HWTC through professional networks, industry-relevant media sources, and targeted promotional platforms;
- Preparing and updating outreach support materials, including flyers, posters, email blasts, and other promotional materials;
- Coordinating with project and program partners on messaging, support materials, and outreach plans;
- Supporting special projects and ensuring project-specific outreach deliverables align with and advance HWTC’s communications strategy.
- Creating and delivering engaging presentations, virtual or in person, that speak to their intended audience.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 3+ years marketing or communications experience
- Strategic thinker who understands how they support the bigger picture
- Experienced and confident public presenter
- Warm, engaging personality; someone who can immediately put others at ease
- Equally comfortable dealing with business leaders and marginalized groups
- Experience with youth engagement
- Proactive approach to outreach, including being comfortable making cold calls and committed to follow-up
- Experience using video platforms like Zoom
- Excellent English skills, including strong spelling and grammar
- Creative thinker with an eye for design and an ability to create engaging content
- Experience using design tools like Photoshop or Canva
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
- Committed and respectful team player
Bonus points for:
- Formal training in communications or marketing
- Photography, videography, and/or video editing skills
- Fluency in other languages besides English
This is a full-time position until March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension. The pro-rated annual salary range is between $58,000 – $63,000. We have a 100% employer funded health and wellness plan and generous leave entitlements. Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Qualified members from diverse communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter outlining interest, qualifications and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a letter outlining interest will not be reviewed. Please note you will be required to complete a skill-based assignment to be prepared in advance and presented at the interview should be you selected for an interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only candidates who are being considered will be contacted. When the position has been filled the posting will be removed.