Marketing and Outreach Manager
The Hospitality Workers Training Centre’s mission has always been to support a strong hospitality industry with quality training programs that prepare individuals for entry-level jobs in the hospitality industry. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hospitality Workers Training Centre has also committed to supporting displaced, experienced hospitality workers looking to pivot to new, in-demand jobs and careers that utilize skills they already have, or help them develop skills they need to reposition professionally.
About the Role
A natural presenter, you’re the type of person who can’t keep a good thing to themselves. You know how to sell an idea, big or small, and you can swiftly bring people on board. You can read a room, connect with strangers quickly, and are comfortable speaking in front of groups from 5 to 50, virtually or in person. Warm and engaging, your enthusiasm is irresistible and you can tailor your pitch to impact any audience. You understand the importance of being that first point of contact and you take pride in making a positive first impression in a group or one-on-one.
At the same time, you have a keen marketing sense, know how to shape messages for different audiences, and can create effective support materials. A strategic thinker, you’re committed to understanding and meeting the needs of very different audiences and reaching them where they are, while also keeping in mind the company’s targets and goals.
- Developing an outreach strategy and leading engagement efforts to support awareness of and enrollment in HWTC’s training programs;
- Developing an outreach strategy and leading engagement efforts to support HWTC’s engagement with employer partners, business organizations, professional associations, community partners, and funders;
- Identifying and developing plans and tactics to effectively promote and market HWTC through professional networks, industry-relevant media sources, and targeted promotional platforms.
- Creating and delivering engaging presentations, virtual or in person, that speak to their intended audience;
- Preparing and updating outreach support materials, including flyers, posters, email blasts, and other promotional materials;
- Coordinating with project and program partners on messaging, support materials, and outreach plans;
- Supporting special projects and ensuring project-specific outreach deliverables align with and advance HWTC’s communications strategy;
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 5+ years marketing or communications experience
- Strategic thinker who understands how they support the bigger picture
- Experienced and confident public presenter
- Warm, engaging personality; someone who can immediately put others at ease
- Equally comfortable dealing with business leaders and marginalized groups
- Proactive approach to outreach, including being comfortable making cold calls and committed to follow-up
- Experience using video platforms like Zoom
- Excellent English skills, including strong spelling and grammar
- Creative thinker with an eye for design and an ability to create engaging content
- Experience using design tools like Photoshop or Canva
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
- Committed and respectful team player
Bonus points for:
- Formal training in communications or marketing
- Photography, videography, and/or video editing skills
- Fluency in other languages besides English
This is a full-time, one-year position until March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension. The salary range is between $65,000 – $68,000. We have a 100% employer funded health and wellness plan and generous leave entitlements. Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter outlining interest, qualifications and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a letter outlining interest will not be reviewed. Please note you will be required to complete a skill based assignment to be prepared in advance and presented at the interview should be you selected for an interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only candidates who are being considered will be contacted. When the position has been filled the posting will be removed.