Industry Engagement Specialist
The Hospitality Workers Training Centre’s mission has always been to support a strong hospitality industry with quality training programs that prepare individuals for entry-level jobs in the hospitality industry. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hospitality Workers Training Centre has also committed to supporting displaced, experienced hospitality workers looking to pivot to new, in-demand jobs and careers that utilize skills they already have, or help them develop skills they need to reposition professionally.
About the Role
As the Industry Engagement Specialist your main objective is to identify, develop and maintain strategic partnerships with growth industry employers and other industry stakeholders to establish employment pathways for job seekers.
The role is outward facing, and is responsible for cultivating relationships, building buy-in, and creating strategic partnerships in order to build awareness of, and advantage new entrant and displaced hospitality workers for, in-demand jobs in these industries.
The Industry Engagement Specialist will identify industries in which workforce demand exists and in which hospitality workers have aligned and transferable skills
- Research and collect industry specific intelligence to inform and prioritize engagement activities and strategies
- Develop industry-specific business cases that demonstrate the value and advantage hospitality workers bring to their business/industry
- Identify and develop engagement and communications strategies
- Act as an HWTC brand ambassador and spokesperson to build new relationships, and maintain existing relationships with industry and other partners as appropriate
- Cultivate industry champions who will engage their professional networks to support employment pathways amongst Recruiters and Hiring Managers within their industries
- Collect feedback from industry partners and stakeholders to ensure that HWTC’s programs and services are demand driven and needs based.
- Participating in review and evaluation activities
- Other duties as necessary
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 7+ years’ experience in Human Resource or Talent Management
- Human Resource degree
- Strategic thinker that can take a plan to action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding of systemic issues that affect the experience and needs of learners/job seekers, including individuals with: English as a Second Language, experience in the refugee and immigration system, experiences of poverty, trauma, disabilities and mental health experiences
- Adaptable, collaborative and comfortable with ambiguity
- Delights in problem solving and dedicated to continuous improvement
- Experience using Salesforce a significant asset
This is a full-time, one-year position until March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension. The salary range is between $65,000 – $70,000. We have a 100% employer funded health and wellness plan and generous leave entitlements. Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter outlining interest, qualifications and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Applications without a letter outlining interest will not be reviewed. Please note you will be required to complete a skill-based assignment to be prepared in advance and presented at the interview should be you selected for an interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only candidates who are being considered will be contacted. When the position has been filled the posting will be removed.