HOUSEKEEPING TRANSITIONS PROGRAM
Duration: 3-5 Weeks
Cost: No cost to eligible participants
Method of Study: Online
Schedule: First two weeks: Monday – Friday, 3-3.5 hours per day. Morning or afternoon cohort. Final 1-3 weeks: self directed online study
Age Requirement: 18 years and older
Eligibility: Resident of Ontario, eligible to work in Canada. Must have 2+ years experience as a hospitality housekeeper.
Experienced cleaners are currently in high demand across the healthcare sector.
Housekeeping Transitions is an online training program from the Hospitality Workers Training Centre and the Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers’ Association – a Division of ISSA, that will prepare experienced hospitality housekeepers for success in the healthcare housekeeping field in as little as three weeks. It is available at no cost to eligible participants.
Housekeeping Transitions includes two weeks of instructor-led online sessions that prepare you for your job search, as well as up to three weeks of self-directed online learning in healthcare housekeeping standards.
Upon completion of this program you will have:
- Acquired the specialty skills needed to succeed in healthcare housekeeping
- Obtained a nationally-recognized OHHA industry accreditation
- Identified your transferable skills
- Updated your resume writing and interview skills
- Received one-on-one career coaching
- March 8 – March 19 (plus self-study)
- March 15 – March 26 (plus self-study)
- April 12 – April 23 (plus self-study)
- May 3 – May 14 (plus self-study)
- May 31 – June 11 (plus self-study)
- June 14 – June 25 (plus self-study)
Your career starts here. Prepare to succeed.