Curated specially for Ontario’s hospitality and food service employers, here you will find the latest on the role of employers during the COVID-19 crisis. Access information on government relief and financial supports, evolving health and safety standards, as well as other timely insights to help support your business and your workforce. Contact us directly, or read on for other resources. This is a list of immediate items to keep in mind.
Health and Safety Measures
COVID-19 requires new and more stringent personal and site cleanliness and sanitizing procedure
ROE (Record of Employment)
If you have laid off staff definitely or temporarily you must issue and submit their ROE to Service Canada as soon as possible and within 5 days of their last payment. Your employee will need this document to apply to Employment Insurance (EI) or any federal or provincial benefit plan available to them.
If you or a team member is struggling with isolation and mental health click here (link to a list of organizations and contact information) for helpful resources.
Other useful resources, best practices and recommendations from qualified organizations:
- Canada response plan for businesses
- Develop your COVID-19 workplace safety plan
- Dinesafe : reopening and creating guest confidence & comfort
- Health and safety association guidance documents for workplaces during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Canada economic response for industries
- Restaurants Canada COVID-19 resources for food service operators
- COVID-19 Overview and Guidance from Employers – by CCPartners LLP
- Insights from the Business Development Bank of Canada
- City of Toronto economic support recovery for businesses
- COVID-19 and business insurance: How coverage is triggered
Keep Your Vision
Keep your vision in front of you and plan for when we are on the other side of COVID-19:
Other Hospitality Workers Training Centre Resources
- Monograph Focus Issue 3: Rapid Response Overview
- Hospitality Workers Training Centre Financial Literacy Toolkit
- Monograph Focus Issue 2: Exploring Critical Perspectives on Workforce Engagement and Retention
- Monograph Focus Issue 1: Employee Rentention Key to Workforce Objectives
- A review of the literature: A case for post-employment retention skills
- Industry-Specific Language Upgrading Screener Tool
Subscribe to our email list for the latest sector updates.