The Hospitality Workers Training Centre’s mission has always been to support a strong hospitality industry with quality training programs that prepare individuals for entry-level jobs in the hospitality industry. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hospitality Workers Training Centre has also committed to supporting displaced, experienced hospitality workers looking to pivot to new, in-demand jobs and careers that utilize skills they already have, or help them develop skills they need to reposition professionally.
About the Role
As a member of HWTC’s instructional team, you are a key agent in facilitating workshops and teaching occupational standards, soft skills, job search and employment readiness skills to new entrants, incumbent workers and displaced workers in the Hospitality Industry.
Your experience as a group facilitator combined with your professional experience in the hospitality industry enables you to teach and coach participants about the theoretical and industry specific technical, attitudinal and behavioural performance expectations that will support participants to not only find, but to also retain employment.
You will skilfully deliver training programs both virtually and in-person during the day, evenings and weekends. HWTC’s programs are cohort based and last between 2-8 weeks in length.
- Delivering high quality training programs that are responsive to the technical and social-emotional skills requirements of employers and that best prepare HWTC participants to gain and retain employment.
- Following and developing curriculum outlines and lesson plans to effectively articulate all curricular elements including the administration of quizzes, assessments and performance feedback
- Applying the fundamental principles of adult education through a trauma informed lens to establish a course culture of high standards, professionalism, social support, peer engagement, equity and inclusivity.
- Modelling high standards for work-habits, positive attitude/moral, peer support, teamwork, respect and pride in the delivery of training programs.
- Managing course administration including; material preparation and distribution, coordination and scheduling of resources, speakers or other delivery requirements.
- Responding to the needs of all participants either personally or by engaging other professionals at HWTC.
- Completing required data entry and tracking in Salesforce in a timely and accurate manner, to inform and support the participants’ service plans.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 3-5 years teaching/facilitation experience
- Certificate in Adult Education an asset
- Hospitality industry experience
- Experience with Salesforce a significant asset
- Excellent communications and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding of systemic issues that affect the experience and needs of learners/job seekers, including individuals with: English as a Second Language, experience in the refugee and immigration system, experiences of poverty, trauma, disabilities and mental health experiences.
- The ability to work independently, with a strong sense of ownership/ accountability for your assigned tasks
- Adaptable, collaborative and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Delights in problem solving and dedicated to continuous improvement
This is a full-time, one-year position until March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension. The salary range is between $55,000 – $65,000. We have a 100% employer funded health and wellness plan and generous leave entitlements. Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter outlining interest, qualifications and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Applications without a letter outlining interest will not be reviewed. Please note you will be required to complete a skill-based assignment to be prepared in advance and presented at the interview should be you selected for an interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only candidates who are being considered will be contacted. When the position has been filled the posting will be removed.