Director of Employment Outcomes
The Hospitality Workers Training Centre’s mission has always been to support a strong hospitality industry with quality training programs that prepare individuals for entry-level jobs in the hospitality industry. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hospitality Workers Training Centre has also committed to supporting displaced, experienced hospitality workers looking to pivot to new, in-demand jobs and careers that utilize skills they already have, or help them develop skills they need to reposition professionally.
About the Role
As the Director of Employment Outcomes you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that facilitate labour-market attachment outcomes for HWTC program participants.
Under your leadership, a team of 5-7 Industry Engagement Specialists and Job Developers will work to establish employment pathways that will serve new entrant and displaced job seekers.
You will accomplish this by applying your deep understanding of demand-driven workforce development models, labour market information indicators and partnership development tactics to identify and cultivate opportunities for rapid labour market attachment of displaced hospitality workers.
The Director of Employment Outcomes is part of the leadership team and reports to the Executive Director. They will manage a team of Industry Engagement Specialists and Recruitment and Retention Specialists.
- Providing leadership, guidance oversight to the Employment Outcomes Team, assigning and monitoring with an eye to achieving employment outcomes targets.
- Leveraging labour-market information tools to identify demand and opportunities for displaced hospitality workers.
- Developing strategies to prioritize the development of promising in-demand employment pathways.
- Oversee the research to develop industry-specific business cases that demonstrate the value and advantage hospitality workers bring to their business/industry.
- Cultivating and developing the networks and relationships that will establish clear pathways to rapid labour-market attachment for HWTC participants.
- Ensuring that knowledge of industry needs, trends and demands is mobilized across the organization.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 7-10 years in a management position
- HR qualifications an asset
- Proven experience in partnership development
- Established industry networks and connections
- Experience applying labour-market information tools and resources to inform decision making
- Knowledge of workforce development models and labour-market resources
- Strategic thinker that can take a plan to action
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding of systemic issues that affect the experience and needs of learners/job seekers, including individuals with: English as a Second Language, experience in the refugee and immigration system, experiences of poverty, trauma, disabilities and mental health experiences;
- Adaptable, collaborative and comfortable with ambiguity
- Delights in problem solving and dedicated to continuous improvement
This is a full-time, one-year position until March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension. The salary range is between $72,000 – $78,000. We have a 100% employer funded health and wellness plan and generous leave entitlements. Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter outlining interest, qualifications and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a letter outlining interest will not be reviewed. Please note you will be required to complete a skill-based assignment to be prepared in advance and presented at the interview should be you selected for an interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only candidates who are being considered will be contacted. When the position has been filled the posting will be removed.