Your One-Stop Get-A-Job Shop
HWTC has partnered with Hospitality EDGE to help employees in Toronto’s hard-hit hospitality sector prepare for the return to work. These free courses will support hospitality workers in retraining, upskilling, and preparing for a new work environment.
All programs are free, take place online, and are led by a team of Facilitator/Instructors with more than 50 years of combined experience in the hospitality industry.
HWTC’s Back-to-Work Bootcamp helps prepare you to successfully re-enter the workforce in new or similar roles. Over two half-day sessions you will:
- Explore your transferable skills;
- Freshen up your soft skills;
- Identify the best ways to work with new colleagues and customers;
- Prepare for re-entry in a changed market.
In a post-Covid world these skills will be critical to career success. Back-to-work Boot Camp is exactly what you need to succeed in this new and challenging environment.
Customer Service Superstars
Exceptional customer service sets businesses – and workers – apart.
In this two half-day workshop, HWTC will help prepare you for the post-Covid 19 workplace by giving you the tools you need to become a customer service superstar. Our expert team of Facilitator/Instructors and Coaches will help you:
- Refresh basic customer service skills;
- Understand the importance of teamwork in a customer service environment;
- Address cultural awareness and unconscious bias;
- Learn to manage complaints and difficult customers;
- Review phone and email etiquette;
- Develop a mindset that supports customer service excellence.
These are among the most valuable transferable skills you need to advance your career as a customer service superstar in any field.
Safe Workplace Essentials
In this two half-day workshop HWTC’s Facilitator/Instructors will help you understand today’s expectations for safe hospitality workplaces. Included are workshops on:
- Ontario Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Unconscious Bias and Cultural Awareness
- Workplace Violence and Harassment
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
These skills are essential in creating a healthy and safe workplace, and will help workers demonstrate leadership with their peers and supervisors. Participants will also receive a WHMIS certificate of completion upon successful graduation.
- Nov 1 – 2 – 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Nov 22 – 23 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Oct 25 – 26 – 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Nov 15 – 16 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Dec 6 – 7 – 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Oct 18 – 19 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Nov 8 – 9 – 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Nov 29 – 30 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.