The Hospitality Workers Training Centre’s mission has always been to support a strong hospitality industry with quality training programs that prepare individuals for entry-level jobs in the hospitality industry. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hospitality Workers Training Centre has also committed to supporting displaced, experienced hospitality workers looking to pivot to new, in-demand jobs and careers that utilize skills they already have, or help them develop skills they need to reposition professionally.
About the Role
As a Career Consultant you will be responsible for facilitating an HWTC participants’ journey from the first point of contact through to post-employment follow up.
You will assist HWTC participants to create individualized service plans that connect their skills and interests with existing workforce opportunities. Utilizing HWTC’s assessment, planning and case management tools you will assist participants to identify and access internal and/or external learning opportunities and job placement supports that will rapidly enable them to become competitive candidates for in-demand jobs.
Your excellent organizational skills will facilitate managing the day-to-day responsibilities of overseeing a caseload of 50-80 participants at any given time. Your strong interpersonal skills, career counselling experience and empathy is the secret ingredient in delivering high quality, efficient and impactful services to participants.
Your professionalism, excellent communication skills and commitment to success means that you cultivate and sustain the relationships with your team and across the HWTC organization to ensure that a participants’ access to all of our programs and services is seamless and efficient.
- Intake Assessment and Discovery – Developing relationships with participants, identifying personal goals, previous experience, and identifying training and education opportunities to support labour-market attachment.
- Career Counselling – Providing individualized career planning and coaching to establish and action Individualized Service Plans identifying appropriate training and career-related options to growth related employment opportunities.
- Service Plan Management – Coordinating plan activities, tracking training and certification attainments and outcomes, referring participants to internal and or external social services, resume and employment preparation and employment placement supports according to plan.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 5-7 years’ experience career counselling/coaching
- Certification as a Career or Employment Counsellor or Career Coach from a recognized institution (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated case management experience
- Experience with Salesforce a significant asset.
- Excellent communications and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding of systemic issues that affect the experience and needs of learners/job seekers, including individuals with: English as a Second Language, experience in the refugee and immigration system, experiences of poverty, trauma, disabilities and mental health experiences;
- Knowledge of community services and organizations is a strong asset;
- The ability to work independently, with a strong sense of ownership/ accountability for your assigned tasks.
- Adaptable, collaborative and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Delights in problem solving and dedicated to continuous improvement
This is a full-time, one-year position until March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension. The salary range is between $65,000 – $70,000. We have a 100% employer funded health and wellness plan and generous leave entitlements. Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter outlining interest, qualifications and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Applications without a letter outlining interest will not be reviewed. Please note you will be required to complete a skill-based assignment to be prepared in advance and presented at the interview should be you selected for an interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only candidates who are being considered will be contacted. When the position has been filled the posting will be removed.