The Outreach Specialist is part of a team responsible for engaging and recruiting jobseekers into the Hospitality Workers Training Centre’s (HWTC’s) employment training programs and services. They will be the first point of contact for engaging individuals interested and ready, with HWTC’s help, to enter into in-demand jobs in hospitality.
The Outreach Specialist will leverage their professional networks and knowledge of community stakeholders to develop and implement strategies that target engagement with broad and diverse audiences of job seekers including; youth, newcomers, mature workers, individual’s experiencing barriers, racialized jobseekers and incumbent workers. They will develop and maintain referral relationships with a variety community agencies and organizations.
The Outreach Specialist will work with the Manager of Marketing and Outreach to:
- Identify and operationalize outreach tactics that result in enrollment in HWTC programs and services;
- Identify and mobilize a network of community stakeholders who can and will refer training candidates to HWTC;
- Mobilize new connections and networks through cold calling and direct outreach;
- Maintain and grow relationships with current partners while identify new partnership opportunities;
- Plan and participate in co-promoting community outreach events with stakeholders;
- Deliver presentations that engage jobs seekers that result in program enrollment;
- Represent HWTC in meetings and at public events;
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of outreach and engagement activities;
- Document all engagement and outreach activities according to departmental protocols.
- Represent HWTC at various external and internal events to establish the reputation of HWTC;
- Use computer software and email to communicate on a timely basis with colleagues and participants;
- Contribute to meetings as assigned;
- Participate in review and evaluation activities;
- Other duties as required.
The Outreach Specialist will report to the Marketing and Outreach Manager, and work closely with members of the Outreach and Service Delivery and the Marketing and Communications Teams.
No unusual demands
An office environment
Significant time online and in front of a computer screen.
Confrontational situations with staff and or participants may arise. Zero Tolerance and Conflict Resolution policies are in place and share upon hire.
Training or Certifications Required
Equipment or Protective Devices Required
Potential Health and Safety risks