About the Role:
The Assets – Culinary Instructor/Facilitator will work in tandem with HWTC’s Chef Instructor to adapt and deliver HWTC’s vocational training program to prepare adults with intellectual disabilities for in-demand jobs in kitchens.
The Assets Instructor/Facilitator will bring their experience teaching participants (ideally adults) with exceptionalities to deliver our existing curriculum focused on occupational standards, soft skills, employment readiness skills and workplace expectations.
As the key driver in the success and quality of training and programming, the Instructor/facilitator will apply appropriate educational approaches that support successful employment outcomes for adults with intellectual disabilities.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Developing or modifying curricula and curriculum outlines and lesson plans to effectively articulate all curricular elements including the administration of quizzes, assessments and performance feedback to match student ability levels.
- Identifying optimal methodologies and approaches to support content delivery
- Identifying resources, tools or assistive technologies to support delivery.
- Case management and identification of issues related to teaching students with special needs.
- Supporting the Chef Instructor to coach participants through hands-on vocational training, grooming, motivation and workplace readiness.
- Establishing a course culture of high standards, professionalism, social support, peer engagement and inclusivity
- Abiding by a strict code of conduct that values and respects confidentiality of all participant information.
- Working collaboratively with HWTC’s training team to improve HWTC’s training programs, curriculum and participant supports.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, the Assets – Culinary Instructor/Facilitator will:
- Participate in outreach events promote the Assets Culinary Training Program.
- Support screening and selection of candidates.
- Represent HWTC at external events to establish the reputation of HWTC.
- Other duties as required.
The Assets – Culinary Instructor/Facilitator role is a full-time term contract position Until March 31, 2023 for approximately 40 hours per week. Regular work hours are from 9-5 either at HWTC offices, or virtually, as needed. The Facilitator/Instructor reports to the Training Manager.
|Physical Demands||□||Lifting 30-50 lbs, bending, standing|
|Environmental Conditions||□||A classroom and kitchen environment|
|Mental Demands||□||Confrontational situations with staff and or participants may arise. Zero Tolerance and Conflict Resolution policies are in place and share upon hire.|
|Training or Certifications Required||□||None|
|Equipment or Protective Devices Required||□||None|
|Potential Health and Safety risks||□||Risks associated with a commercial kitchen environment, including but not limited to; exposure to hot surfaces, grease, spills and sharp objects.|