The Hospitality Workers Training Centre, and it’s social Enterprise Training restaurant Hawthorne Food & Drink have been featured in several publications featured below:
- Blackbox Challenge Bluffs Monitor March 2019.
- Free Culinary Training changes lives at East Scarborough Storefront Scarborough Mirror March 2019.
- Ontario’s Hospitality Industry is Making Strides to Become More Accessible Toronto Guardian March 2019
- Toronto restaurant teaches skills to those who face employment barriers CBC News January 2019
- Hawthorne Food and Drink delivers second chances The Corktown News Spring 2018
- Premier’s Highly Skilled Workforce Expert Panel report: Analysis about our approach as featured in this report can be read here.
- Local Food Week launched at Hawthorne Food & Drink, Newsroom Ontario, June 2016 – Ministry of Agriculture, Food &
- New workforce training program doesn’t just provide jobs, it builds careers, Toronto Star, March 2015
- Hawthorne Food & Drink Meets More than the Tongue, Toronto Star, October 2014
- An Appetite for Change, United Way, June 2015
- Toronto Restaurant Balances Social Mission with Economic Return, Globe and Mail, November 2014
- Metcalf Foundation, Biennial Report , 2012-2013